Thursday 7 July 2011

busy busy

Here goes, my first Blog!  


I love reinventing things and my latest project is 'drawing' with old clothes and materials which are either cast offs, outgrown or charity shop finds. 


I first made some towers and exhibited them as part of an collective called CMTBasement  at the Mary's Living and Giving (Save the Children) Charity Shop in Stockbridge Edinburgh last year, and have been itching to do more ever since.  


petit & medi
sold




The towers come in various shapes and sizes, are made out of discarded Jeans.  They're inspired by high rise flats that were built all around the major cities and towns of Scotland during the mid 20th Century.   The flats, which are now slowly being demolished, have become an integral part of the visual landscape and evoke strong memories for me.  My Towers are a little tribute to the Scottish landscape.




mega 
76h x 40w x 26d (cm)



grande 
73h x 30w x 20d (cm)



mini
33h x 13w x 13d (cm)







grande & mini







2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, love it! You're a very talented lady :)
    Phil Murphy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil :) - very early days, but a start!

    ReplyDelete