Sunday 22 April 2012

April, has been a bit of a mixed bag of getting going with my new Etsy Shop (still got plenty to add!), making more art, revamping furniture and spending the day at different markets.  Here's a selection of the things I've been up to...


The Lighthouse Makers Market
7th April 2012
 
This was a great venue & I had a particularly generous spot on the View Gallery on the First Floor. I had lots of interest in my work which was positive and, as usual, met some lovely people.

The Lighthouse is a gem of a building nestled in the very Narrow, Mitchell Lane just off the busy Buchanan Street in Glasgow's City Centre.  The Lighthouse, now operated by Glasgow City Council is Scotland's Centre for Design and Architecture and it gives host to a number of excellent exhibits around the Year.

Biggest Tower Sculpture yet!

Sneak preview of a recent tower sculpture commission.  Full size image to follow after delivery....if I can get it on screen of course!




Small Occasional Coffee Table


I've had this little table for  a good few months pondering what finish to do it in.  In the end I opted to apply a rich grey flat matt paint to the table top, seal it then apply the illustrations using a high sheen finish.  I left the legs as they where as it works well with the grey.   I'll put more photos of the work onto my Facebook Page to show the full design.  With this type of work, photography doesn't really do it justice, needs to be seen in the flesh.



Circa 1950's/60's Long John Coffee Table

The long john table was tackled in much the same way as the table above, but in reverse.  The legs have been painted the same flat grey and are beautifully tappered.  The table top has been stripped back and a cherry blossom illustration applied to the top in a high sheen finish.  Check out my Facebook Page for more images.



3D Art
I've also created a selection of four of my Three Dimensional artworks and really enjoy making these and have two more in the pipeline.  Again a full range of images are on my Facebook page.




This soft pastel of Loch Long, Arrocher, is quite different from my usual work.  I did a similar piece several years ago and when seen was asked to do something along the same theme.  It's been a very long time since I've worked with pastels (other than quick demo sketches) so I was a bit apprehensive. I'm quite pleased with the result and can see myself maybe doing some more as a wee change from textile work.

...and finally.  I had a lovely day at the Portobello Makers Market, made special of course by the wealth of interesting and engaging people who came to exhibit and to view the work.  I was so caught up in the day, I forgot to take a few images - maybe next time!






















No comments:

Post a Comment